Scott is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Business Litigation
- Civil Appeals
- Civil Litigation
- Serious Personal Injury
- Trustee and Probate Litigation
Scott LindseyPartner Phone (817) 887-8147 Fax (940) 627-8092 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott has been with BPW Law since 2019. He is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Scott has been recognized by Thomson Reuters on the Texas Super Lawyers list, by 360 West Magazine as a Top Attorney in Appellate Law, and by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine as a Top Attorney in Appellate Law and Civil Litigation.
Scott joined Boyd, Powers & Williamson in 2019. His practice encompasses all areas of civil trials and civil appeals and includes a diverse array of substantive content from commercial litigation to serious personal injury suits to fiduciary litigation. Scott has also been retained by attorneys from other law firms to consult on civil appeals, to evaluate the merits of petitions for writ of mandamus, and to research and write briefs on complex and potentially case-dispositive civil matters.
While serving as senior staff attorney to Justice Anne Gardner at the Second Court of Appeals, Scott assisted Justice Gardner with all aspects of the civil appeals to which she was assigned, including complex appellate procedural and jurisdictional issues, mandamus and other original proceedings, interlocutory and expedited appeals, and appeals from final judgments. Scott was necessarily and routinely exposed to principles of error preservation, application of the appropriate standards of appellate review, and a diverse combination of procedural and substantive topics involving Texas statutory and common law and the rules of appellate and civil procedure.
Scott is very active with the Tarrant County Bar Association. Scott serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the Tarrant County Bar Association and served as president of the Appellate Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association for 2019-2020. He is a past-chair of the Tarrant County Bar Association Brown Bag Committee, the Transition to Practice Committee, and the Community Outreach Committee. Scott remains actively involved with the Brown Bag Committee, securing speakers and moderating for CLE presentations. Scott also sits on the District 7 Grievance Committee of the State Bar of Texas.
Scott graduated magna cum laude from Texas Wesleyan School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) in 2002 and served as a law review Notes & Comments Editor.
Scott and his wife Christie have two children.
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) Fort Worth, Texas; Juris Doctor May 2022
- magna cum laude
- Law Review Notes & Comments Editor, 2001-2002
- Law Review Staff, 2000-2001
- Proving, Defending, and Appealing Attorney-Fee Awards After Rohrmoos, July 2020 (updated January 2021)
- Presented in September 2020, October 2020, February 2021
- Help Me Help You: Civil Appellate Issues Before, During, and after Trial, September 2020
- Mechanics of Expert Witness Testimony, January 2014
- Preparing Your Client’s Case for the Court of Appeals, September 2014
- State Bar of Texas
- United State District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United State District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United State District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas, 2013 to present
- Admitted to Practice: Supreme Court of the United States, Ninth and Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal; Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, Appellate (2020, 2022)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, TX Magazine and 360 West Magazine
- Vice President, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2022-2023
- Tarrant County Bar Association Board of Directors, 2019-2022
- Tarrant County Bar Association Board of Directors, Appointed Director, 2018-2019
- Chair, Tarrant County Appellate Section, 2019-2020
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation and Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Member, State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charges – Business, Consumer, and Employment Committee, 2020-2023
- District 7 Grievance Committee of the State Bar of Texas, 2019-2025
- Texas A&M University School of Law Dean’s Advisory Council, 2013 to 2019
- Chairman, Brown Bag Committee, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2018–2019
- Chairman, Transition to Practice Committee, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2017-2018
- Member, Brown Bag Committee, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2016-2023
- Member, Transition to Practice Committee, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2015-2017
- Member, People’s Law School Committee, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2014
- Member, Search Advisory Committee for the Dean of Texas A&M University School of Law, 2013-2014
- Member, Alumni Transition Committee, Texas A&M University School of Law, 2013-2014
- President, Texas Wesleyan School of Law Alumni Association, 2012-2013
- Barrister, Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, 2010-2013, 2014-2017
- Chairman, Chief Justice Joe Greenhill Golf Tournament, 2011, 2014; Committee member 2010, 2012-2013
- Member, Appellate Sections – State Bar of Texas and Tarrant County Bar Association
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, Appellate, 2020-2022
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Top Attorney, Appellate, Civil Litigation, Fort Worth, TX Magazine
- Top Attorney, Appellate, Civil Litigation (2015, 2017-2019), Fort Worth, TX Magazine
- Top Attorney, Appellate (2020), 360 West Magazine