Derrick is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Trial Law.
- Bank Fraud and Lender Liability
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Product Liability
- Securities Litigation and Investment Fraud
Derrick S. BoydOWNER/PARTNER Phone (940) 627-8308 Fax (940) 627-8092 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Derrick focuses on business disputes, including bank fraud, lender liability, unfair competition cases, intellectual property disputes (patents, trademarks, and trade secrets), contractual disputes, and antitrust violations. He is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Trial and has practiced in the State and Federal Courts of Texas as well as numerous other state and federal courts.
Derrick has been named to the Best Lawyers in America list since 2020, an honor reserved for the top 4 percent of practicing attorneys. He was also included on the prestigious Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2006 and has been named to the Texas Super Lawyers list since 2009. Attorneys are selected to the Super Lawyers listings by Thomson Reuters based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
In addition to his numerous memberships with legal and advocacy groups, he is on the Board of Directors of WARM and Wise Christian Counseling Center. Since 2016, he has also been a Director for the Cotton Bowl. Born in Plainview, Texas and raised in Decatur, Derrick graduated from the University of Texas and earned his Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 1994.
Since returning to Decatur, Derrick has served on the Decatur Chamber of Commerce where he completed a three-year term as director. He also served on the Economic Development Committee for the Main Street Program in Decatur and the Decatur ISD Education Foundation Board of Directors. Derrick is married to Cheri Boyd, a local artist. They have three daughters, Emily, Ainsley and Finley.
- B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin, 1991
- J.D. from the University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Wise County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Cotton Bowl Director
- Wise County Christian Counseling Center, Board of Directors
- WARM – Wise Area Relief Mission